Okay all, please go to Smart Voter and read about the Ammendments up for a vote on November 4th and find out more about your candidates!
By going there today, I read about Proposition A (which I though I would vote for based on the advertisements I've seen). Unfortunately, I will be voting against this Proposition...here's the Text:
Proposition A Revision of Statutes Relating to Casinos and Gambling 2008-035
Shall Missouri law be amended to:
* repeal the current individual maximum loss limit for gambling;
* prohibit any future loss limits;
* require identification to enter the gambling area only if necessary to establish that an individual is at least 21 years old;
* restrict the number of casinos to those already built or being built;
* increase the casino gambling tax from 20% to 21%;
* create a new specific education fund from gambling tax proceeds generated as a result of this measure called the "Schools First Elementary and Secondary Education Improvement Fund"; and
* require annual audits of this new fund?
State governmental entities will receive an estimated $105.1 to $130.0 million annually for elementary and secondary education, and $5.0 to $7.0 million annually for higher education, early childhood development, veterans, and other programs. Local governmental entities receiving gambling boat tax and fee revenues will receive an estimated $18.1 to $19.0 million annually.
It's a proposition in support of raping those with gambling Addictions. Fuck that! Also, why can't we fund education with OUR TAX DOLLARS? Isn't that where they're supposed to be going?